zaterdag 22 januari 2011

TI’s ADC part II + sample requests

The past few days I have been pretty busy.
First of all, we are allowed to participate to TI’s “Analog Design Contest” AND the Evaluation Modules (2x MSP430 + some other stuff) I requested will be delivered soon =).

While I was searching on Google for some information about Peltiers I suddenly came up to an application note of MAXIM-IC.
And their I discovered that they have made some IC’s especially for controlling Peltiers, in the app note was also a PID regulation drawn and explained.
So I sent some sample requests to rebuild the PID controller of the app-note:
·       MAX4475ASA                        OpAmp, Low-Noise, Low-Distortion
·       MAX4477ASA                        OpAmp, Low-Noise, Low-Distortion
·       MAX1968EUI             Power Drivers for Peltier TEC Module up to 3A
·       MAX1969EU               Power Drivers for Peltier TEC Module up to 6A
Once I sent the sample requests I noticed that they also made Evaluation Modules exactly like in the app-note, but I wasn’t able to find the pricing/dealers.
SO I send a mail to MAXIM-IC for some more information about their Peltier-EVM’s
More info (except pricing…) can be found here:
http://www.maxim-ic.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/3559
If we can use this, we basically only need to make a descent mechanically construction and find a good DAC, but we only need to concern ourselves about the first because at school they have a DAC of NI that can be used together with labview.

Afterwards I discovered that TI also made some IC’s for driving Peltiers. So I began to search a little more on their site and this is what I sampled at TI:
·       TMP100 - Digital Temperature Sensor with I2C Serial Interface
·       DRV592 - High-Efficiency H-Bridge (Requires External PWM)
·       TLC59108 - 8-Bit Fast Mode Plus (FM+) I2C Bus Constant-Current LED Sink Driver
·       MSP430G2231 - MSP430G2x21, MSP430G2x31 Mixed Signal Microcontroller
·       MSP430G2211 - MSP430G2x01, MSP430G2x11 Mixed Signal Microcontroller

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten